Thursday, August 28, 2008

Is it really necessary to taste failure before success ?

Never believed in words like "failure is first step to success" .
and often questioned myself ---Is it really necessary to taste failure before success ?

During campus placements , friends of mine were too busy preparing their cv's for interview filling up with their strengths ,weaknesses & objectives . For the sake of impressing the interviewee , I have written big stories but couldn't figure out my real strengths and weaknesses. Things went fine and I got placement in a reputed company or I can say an important phase of my life has begun .

Year(2007-2008) was full of trauma and professional setbacks because of various reasons , I was in very bad shape and sailing in troubled waters . Messed up everything and couldn't pull back things. people around me criticised my attitude for my shortfall . I became more introspective and resilient. I shared my feelings with a close pal and he told me "calm seas can never make a skillful sailor" . I understood that criticism is as inevitable as our breathe, I have learnt to accept constructive criticism .
I felt that when we are in hostile environment , our strength & weakness are exposed . I realized my strengths, it's adversity/failure that has taught me a lesson rather than success.
All these days I was thinking Failure as an enemy to success but in my opinion FAILURE is a friend on road to success.

p.s. The close pal, I refered to in this post is myself ;-) . I have a sequel for this post "is success dangerous ?"

4 comments:

Ravi Chandra Eyunni said...

Good one Sai! I agree on failure accompanies success, but I also feel that failure is not mandatory after all! In many cases we see failures when we set ourselves targets out of our reach...

Unknown said...

Hi sai its very good simply super I accept ur point failure isnot enemy to success its friend to success.I amnot saying this as simply I too learned this from my past Those who knows this true i hope they will be happy when they are in problems also thank u once again buddy once we reach our target successfully after all those troubles we can easily forget which were happened even though if we didnot forget those troubles also no problem we can feel happy because we were succeded all the best for ur rest of career

Unknown said...

gr8 article, really impressed by ur attitude. I feel failure and success are all relative terms suitable for that moment,but sometimes success comes in d disguise of a failure.u need to recognize it.but a really gud one , njoyed reading it.

Pavi said...

Hmm Failure is definitely an embarrassment/motivation depends on how people take it. I feel there isn't any person on Earth who has not tasted failure in his/her lifetime. So i think every one should accept failure only to realize that we are close to SUCCESS as we now understood one FLAW which led us to failure, so now we are only (FLAWS-1) steps away from Success which is getting us closer to our Goal